Today, a lot of progress was made in regards to the Friends List. From what I have been able to gather, PlayFab does not support “Online” status which is a bummer. After some tinkering I managed to get some sort of Online behaviour to work using the Tags system.
I highly doubt this is the best way to go about this but it works. More research needed to see if I can reduce the amount of API calls. I’ll be updating the PlayFab Unity article with my findings once I clean up and optimize the code.
The first part of the article regarding Authentication is complete. Most of the relevant information about the subject should be there. I plan to go further into the Account Management side of PlayFab a little later on.
Lastly, the Party section is still missing love which will be resolved soonTM.
Have a great day.